Learn more about the different types of Chinese visa for foreign nationals, how to apply, and answers to frequently asked questions.


Foreigners who accept a job in China should apply for a Foreign Employment Permit. Senior-level employees should also apply for a Foreign Expert Certificate.


This section features information to help visitors planning a trip to China.


More efforts urged to alleviate poverty

Premier Li visited Zhenlai county, Northeast China’s Jilin province, and extended Spring Festival greetings to local residents.

Liu to attend closing of Winter Olympics

President Xi Jinping’s special envoy Liu Yandong will attend the closing ceremony of the 23rd Winter Olympics.

China leads patent applications

China has been the world leader in applications for patent for invention for seven consecutive years, said Wan Gang.


Tibetans ring in Losar New Year with song and dance

Losar is the name for the Tibetan New Year and one of the most important festivals for the Tibetan people. This year, it coincides with the Chinese Spring Festival.


New natural reserves approved

The State Council announced six newly constructed national nature reserves through a notice issued on Feb 13.

State Council OKs plan for city cluster

The State Council has approved the development plan for the Hohhot-Baotou-Ordos-Yulin urban cluster.